Sea freight consolidation refers to the small shipment of goods that the shipper consigns with less than a full container. The carrier categorizes and organizes the goods according to the type of goods, and consolidates the goods to the same destination into a certain number of containers. Because the cost of a container is fixed, the more customers who consolidate the container, the lower the cost allocated to each customer, resulting in a cheaper price. For businesses with small cargo volumes and individual businesses who need to ship a small amount of goods, LCL by sea is undoubtedly a good choice.
So, the operational process of sea freight consolidation:
1. Determine the price and LCL plan. Different freight forwarding companies and shipping companies have different LCL and transportation prices, and direct and transit prices are definitely different. The selection is based on the nature of the goods.
2. Booking. Pay attention to the deadline for orders
3. Provide warehouse entry data. After booking, the freight forwarder will have corresponding warehouse information. The buyer delivers the goods to the warehouse and enters the warehouse with the warehouse number provided by the freight forwarder to store the goods.
4. Verify the data after entering the warehouse; After entering the warehouse, the warehouse personnel will calculate the weight and volume of the goods delivered by the owner again, and ultimately determine the shipping cost.
6. Customs declaration. The freight forwarder will arrange customs clearance for the entire container. Sometimes, a container may have both purchase and document customs declarations, which can be reported separately
7. Waiting for boarding after clearance: After customs clearance, the container is waiting at the dock to be loaded onto the large ship.
8. Payment fee: The freight forwarder will issue a bill to the shipper requesting payment of the shipping fee.
9. Arrival at the destination port: The freight forwarding company will pick up the entire container of goods from the shipping company according to the bill of lading to the LCL station.
10. The recipient will receive notification from the freight forwarding company; After the boxes are sorted out, the consignee will be notified to pick up the goods.
11. The consignee carries out customs clearance by relying on the delivery voucher.
Seafreight LCL customs clearance process
1. After the container ship arrives at the port, the staff unloads the container from the ship
2. The destination port agent is responsible for declaring the distribution and withdrawal of goods to the port customs, and then presenting the containers to the customs supervision office for distribution and withdrawal
2. The shipping agent issues a bill of lading and confirms the manifest information of the shipping company's bill of lading to the customs
3. The destination port agent is responsible for issuing the split bill of lading and confirming the manifest information of the split bill of lading
4. The consignee exchanges the split delivery note according to maritime regulations
5. The customs broker shall handle the customs clearance procedures with the customs and inspection and quarantine institutions, and affix the release seals of the customs and inspection and quarantine institutions on the delivery note